Quick And Easy
Pineapples and chutneys are a great way to spice up any meal and can make a dish that extra bit special. Pineapples are currently in season so they are relatively cheap and as tasty as ever. They are excellent as the main ingredient in a chutney. Perfect with pork dishes, this recipe is easy, quick and will impress even the best cooks!
- 400 grams fresh pineapple chunks, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons distilled malt vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mint jelly
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint
- Grill the pineapple till evenly browned.
- In a small saucepan, heat the sugar over a medium heat till melted and golden.
- Stir in the vinegar, lemon juice and mint jelly, and simmer briefly.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the pineapple and chopped mint. Allow to cool fully, for later use.