Looks Great And Is Delicious — Perfect!
Trout is a fabulous fish full of flavour and very good for you. It contains omega-3 fatty acids (which can help lower cholesterol), vitamins B6 and B12, calcium, iron and heaps of protein. It is in season now, so that's a perfect excuse to dish it up for friends or family. This dish looks very impressive when served but is far easier than you may think to cook!
- 4 whole trout, boned
- 2 green chillies
- 4 spring onions
- 1 red pepper
- 1 mango
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- Handful fresh coriander
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit/200 Celsius/gas mark 6.
- Finely chop and de-seed the chillies and the pepper.
- Finely chop the spring onions and peel and dice the mango. Finely chop the coriander.
- Cut out four squares of kitchen foil.
- Mix together the chillies, spring onions, pepper, mango, olive oil, lime juice and coriander.
- Lay one trout on a foil square and stuff with 1/4 of the mango mixture.
- Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Fold the foil square into a parcel and repeat with the other three fish.
- Place onto a baking tray and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Carefully unwrap the trout before serving and let it stand for five minutes.